Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 2 C1 P.c. 8

It's a while since I assessed Level 2 & I'm struggling to understand what this PC actually means. The tutor says that a direct observation is needed but I'm struggling to understand what it's getting at! Do I feel dense or what!

'Respect for the children's own and others' cultural backgrounds and requirements for hygiene are suitably reinforced.'

Can someone enlighten me please? I could come up with an answer for a reflective account, but how to do a D/O when we only have 1 child from an ethnic minority is puzzling me!

Hi!

Well, my reply is, the tutor needs to look at the standards.

Get the standards out, C1,page 3 - '1 Performance evidence; 1.1 .........PCs which might not be observed by your assessor ...........C1,1.8...' !!!

Therefore, it is NOT a requirement that this be observed. :o

I rest my case, good luck!! :D:D

Sue :D

PS, let me know how it turns out, please

Oops, sorry!

So phased by the insistence on DO I forgot your request for what it means!!

It's asking you to show that in your practise you are aware of the children's backgrounds and that you know about the various requirements of the families. It's not just about cultural variations, but all types of variations, so some families might insist on wiping children's noses for them, others might encourage children to do it for themselves, which, as you can see is a matter of personal choice!

A reflective account or notes as to how you would deal with such instances should be sufficient if there is not enough observed evidence.

And don't forget, the Standards are the yardstick here!!

Sue :D

Many thanks Sue R, that's reassuring 'cos that's what I thought! I should clarify that I'm a workplace assessor & have been asked by the tutor to do this DO. I think I'll be emailing her!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)