Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Information Evening

Hi all, I am trying to prepare a CLL information evening for parents. I am to deliver a presentation on all areas of CLL and how they are supported in EYFS, the phonics system, Jolly Phonics, Letters and Sounds etc. I am then asked to set up activities for the parents to look at. I am also to make a help for parents with ideas to support their children with reading, writing, communication and thinking. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas for the presentation or parents pack.

Thanks everyone

:o

I AM ABOUT TO START WORK ON THE SAME THING - NOT GOT MUCH SORTED YET BUY I KNOW I AM GOING TO USE PHOTOS AT THE BEGINNING OF CHILDREN DOING VARIOUS ACTIVITIES AND GET THE PARENTS TO GUESS WHICH ONES ARE 'WRITING SKILLS' - THIS IS DELIBERATELY GOING TO INCLUDE ACTIVITIES SUCH AS PLAYING CATCH, PLAY DOUGH, SMEARING YOGURT ALL OVER THE PLACE AND OTHER STUFF THAT PARENTS WOULDN'T THINK OF AS BEING 'WRITING'

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT NOVEMBERS EDITION OF EYE WHICH HAS A GOOD LITTLE BOOKLET CALLED 'GOOD PRACTICE IN...READING AND WRITING.

KEEP US INFORMED ON WHAT YOU PUT IN

I AM ABOUT TO START WORK ON THE SAME THING - NOT GOT MUCH SORTED YET BUY I KNOW I AM GOING TO USE PHOTOS AT THE BEGINNING OF CHILDREN DOING VARIOUS ACTIVITIES AND GET THE PARENTS TO GUESS WHICH ONES ARE 'WRITING SKILLS' - THIS IS DELIBERATELY GOING TO INCLUDE ACTIVITIES SUCH AS PLAYING CATCH, PLAY DOUGH, SMEARING YOGURT ALL OVER THE PLACE AND OTHER STUFF THAT PARENTS WOULDN'T THINK OF AS BEING 'WRITING'

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT NOVEMBERS EDITION OF EYE WHICH HAS A GOOD LITTLE BOOKLET CALLED 'GOOD PRACTICE IN...READING AND WRITING.

KEEP US INFORMED ON WHAT YOU PUT IN

Thanks Rachael :o

I have a display up at the moment (Day Nursery) that i called: From scribbles to stories and it includes stages of how children writing develops ie scribbles, circles, single letters etc.

The parents found it really useful, i also included examples of the childrens work in the different stages and photos of our children writing letters in the sand, using ribbons in the garden and of children in the writing area!

We also made parents packs up with a whiteboard and pen for the children to practice writing at home and also explainations of Letters and sounds and also pictures of the Jolly phonics actions to practice at home!

Hope this helps x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)