Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free-flow Play

Free-flow indoor-outdoor play sound great but how do I make it work when theres just me and 25 children? How do I ensure they get the right quality of activity? And do I need to post somebody outside or can I place myself by the door to supervise both areas? :o

Lyeska you do not say where you are based but how come you are on your own?

I think a lot depends on your facilities can you see the outside from inside the class room ie through a large window, if you can I would think it acceptable to allow a few children at a time out side but not on climbing apparatus keeping the door open so you can hear the children.

Why not have a rota of parents to come in and interact with the group outside.

If the children are truly free flow you really need an adult outside all the time. Even then it's not easy!

• 3 weeks later...

We have freeflow/outdoor play with 20 children and have two adults in and 2 outside and float depending on the numbers in and out at any given time. Sometimes even this is diffcult.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)