Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Classroom Organisation

I was pretty clear about how i organise my classroom until we had a mock inspection! I currently have my classroom zoned into areas eg construction, messy art, mark making, number role play,play dough, investigations free flow outside , with sand water playhouse etc and we have a theme for the week eg this week is harvest, with focus story, number and literacy activities, ideas from the children. the mock inspector hated it and said she shouldn't see the childrens learning and objectives through out the classroom. Can i ask do people change their classrooms daily to reflect maths or literacy outcomes? i tend to change mine half way through the week.or when the children get bored of the activities i've set out in the zoned areas.

Instead of helping me focus ready for ofstead, i now feel more confused!!!!!!!!!!!! any help will be valued!

That sounds pretty much as I have the classroom set up and I was inspected in July and got a good. I have activities set up in each area of the classroom based on children's interests and their ideas and the same activities stay out all week. Everytime I do a whole class input eg a maths number song or activity or we learn a new sound in phonics, then I add the resources to the choices they have and often find these are popular with the children as they enjoy practicing what they have seen me modelling.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)