Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help On C11 Please

Guest TEEJ

Guest TEEJ

Hi,

Can anybody help on the following, i think i know what i want to say but can't put it into words. :o

ke15 "how children use many different situations and methods of representing/reflecting their life experience and the value of drama/role play in representing a child's experience"

ke16 "how to converse with children in ways which challenge stereotyping and discrimination"

The unit is all linked to language and communication.

Many thanks,

TEEJ

Hi TEEJ,

I think this is about the child's speaking and listening skills, how s/he talks about his/her life and experiences, in cosy chats with a practitioner, at snack time, or in responding to a story. But it's also about nonverbal communication; facial and body expressions, for example, or how a child communicates through drawing,painting, role play, small world play, outside activities, etc.

Drama and role play are so useful in encouraging children to represent their experiences; the home corner is obvious, but also other scenarios such as the doctors, dentists, vets, garden centre, etc. Imaginary play scenarios such as under the sea, on the moon, etc also help the child to use what s/he already knows about to play creatively.

Guest TEEJ

Thanks Helen,

Any views on the 2nd knowledge evidence re stereotypical?

Thanks again for your input, we get more help on this forum than from our tutor or assessor.

x TEEJ

Hi,

Examples might be responding to comments from other colleagues such as

"I need a big strong boy to help carry this box!" or "You look so pretty today" or from children such as "Girls aren't any good at making things" or "Boys can't play with the dolls"...ie comments from children or staff which reflect stereotypical views.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)