Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Handwriting Song Help Please

Guest heleng

I can remember part of a song but need help with the title or the rest of it please.

It was supposed to be to get children ready for a handwriting session and it started something like 'Stretch your fingers, stretch your fingers, open them wide, open them wide'.

Can anyone help or give me another song. It is to start off a session where we have lots of additional mark making activities practicing pre-writing skills on offer as well as continuous provision.

How about this rhyme,

I have 10 little fingers and they all belong to me,

I can make them do things,

Would you like to see?

I can shut them up tight or open them wide,

I can put them all together or make them all hide,

I can make them go high and make them go low,

I can fold them quietly and hold them just so.

We sing...

Open shut them, open, shut them

give a little snap, snap.

snap, snap, snap, snap, snap, snap.

(just opening first two fingers and thumb - like a snappy crocodile - I then remind children to use their snappy crocodiles when holding a pencil).

give a little clap, clap.

put them in your lap.

• 3 weeks later...

There are some really good songs in Jungle Journey - we have been using for the past year or so and the children have enjoyed singing them. We've also seen some really good improvements in gross and fine motor skills over the course of the programme - well worth the money for the book.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)