Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Write Dance

I have bought a copy of Write Dance in the early years with a view to using it with my nursery children but I'm finding it a bit difficult to follow. Does anyone else use it?? Do you read the story, listen to the song doing the movements then provide opportunities for the children to "scrimble" straight afterwards??? I'm not sure how to use it. I can imagine doing the song and actions with the children but how do you encourage the scrimble movements they suggest?? Just demonstrate them to the children as you play alongside them? Any help would be appreciated.

We had training for it during an inset and basically did as you said with the story, song, actions and then we show them the mark-making part on a big board and then let them have a go with large rolls of paper on the floor and we give them two crayons one in each hand. Our children love it and are really proud of their "scribbles".

We had training for it during an inset and basically did as you said with the story, song, actions and then we show them the mark-making part on a big board and then let them have a go with large rolls of paper on the floor and we give them two crayons one in each hand. Our children love it and are really proud of their "scribbles".

We use it to suit our children! - we dont tell the story, but we do the physical actions first and then sing and scrimble away, using foam first, then maybe washing up liquid or paint and washing up liquid straight on to the table.( we make prints from the painting scrimbles for display) The children use their hands before moving on to crayons or markers. We do it during freeflow in our unit and have only 4 or 5 children at a time. They love it!

Anje x

I have the books for Nursery and Reception, I would like to use it but I am confused about the two types 'funfair' and is it holidays?? What is the difference? Do you just choose one or do both??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)