Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics For Parents

Hi all, have been searching for a really nice, simple presentation for parents as an intro to phonics for an initial parents meeting. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also what do you do/talk about for your first meeting?

Any ideas greatly received!

Hi I am doing a phonics/reading meeting next week (I will only do one) and plan to put together a powerpoint but havn't got around to it yet but I was going to cover the following:

Intro-what is phonics, how many phonemes we use, background of phonics teaching as opposed to whole word approach

Letters and sounds-explain 6 phases across KS1 and how we set for phonics (we set from reception through to Y3 in small groups)

Pure sounds- importance of not shwering (don't know how that is spelt!) and I will go through and say each sound for them

What a lesson comprises, what strategies we use to teach blending/segmenting etc

What will come home for them to practice and our expectations

How home readers and guided reading fits in with phonics

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)