Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evaluating Plans

Hi, in my setting we have recently changed our way of planning, from using 1/2 termly topics to Rhythm of the Year.

We are still trying to get to grips with it and have introduced a separate key group time at each session, based on the planning and individual children's interests. From the key group activities, practitioners are required to evaluate the activity for their key children, to help plan next steps etc. I am not sure if an evaluation of continuous provision should be completed alongside this and would like to know how other settings complete evaluations of individual and group provision.

Do any of you have an uncompleted form that you use that I could see??

Thank you for any advise you can give.

We also evaluate key group activities but along side this our continous provision has a developmental matters focus each week and part of this focus includes a series of evaluated activities ( I plan 10 evaluated continous provision activities each week as this equates to 2 per member of staff which is manageable on top of their key group activities). This way I can constantly appraise and evaluate all areas of the provision by shifting the focus, topics can be built into this system if required, for example we recently looked at 'My World' and one week had a KUOW focus whilst another was based on PSRN and another on PSE. Hope this helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)