Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Commotion In The Ocean

Hi there,

Give me a non fiction or fiction book and i feel fine but give me a poetry book as a shared text for Literacy and i have little panic to myself - not sure why just on of those things. I am doing an Under the sea topic and am trying to tie everything into it. Has any ones used Comotion in the Ocean and what type of writing and activities did you get from it?

Thanks

Sarah

Fantastic book!!

We started by simply enjoying the sounds and rhythms and it all kind of took off from there, when I first used it! You can literally take it as far as the children want to, which is sometimes a loooong way! :)

Writing, rhyming, singing, chanting, dancing - go for it!

Sue (probably more as well! Feeling a bit delicate after a very hot day when the Central heating went bonkers and boiled us all!!!)

:o

Author is Giles Andreae (I think that's right), who is actually better known as Purple Ronnie. My kids loved it, and had me read it over and over and over. There's a dinosaur one too and also Rumble in the Jungle.

Hiya, Iam doing this book next term in literacy and was wondering if anybody had a literacy plan I could adapt!

kelly

Hiya, Iam doing this book next term in literacy and was wondering if anybody had a literacy plan I could adapt!

kelly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)