Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C 11

Hi Everyone,

I need help with C.11.4 xD

Provide communication opportunities to enhance & reinforce the children's language & communication development.

Range 4

With more than one language

also can you help me with C.11.5 :(

Interact with children to promote their language & communication development

Range 4

with more than one language

:o

Hi Vanessa,

I think the statements here are pushing you in the direction of considering how we celebrate children who are bilingual. How can we use these skills to extend/consolidate their learning? Maybe by practitioners learning a few key words in the child's other language, labelling things in the nursery, learning a song or rhyme, or asking a family member to tell a small group of children a traditional story (eg Three Little Pigs) in the family language, maybe with puppets or masks.

Bilingual books are a wonderful way of showing how important we view a child's home language/second language, etc.

The lovely Sue R has just sent me her latest article in our NVQ series, and it happens to be C11! I'll ask Steve to put it on the site asap :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)