Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Applying For Nursery Place.

Hi everyone,

Wow it's been a while since I started a new topic on here, had to remind myself how to!!

I'm due to have a baby in 3 weeks (eek!) and am already having to think about going back to work, sadly, as we just can't afford for me to take a whole year off. My school are being fab and I'm hoping to go back three days a week from May half term next year.

We are looking for a nursery placement for those three days but not sure when we should start actually looking at nurseries: do we wait for the baby to be born or is it worth making some phone calls now? This is completely unknown territory for us both, despite both of us being teachers, my mum being a teacher, and his mum being a retired nursery nurse.

Any advice gratefully recieved, please. :o

Good luck with the baby - I can't believe I'm due to return to work having had my baby in November last year. Just to say that although we didn't use a Nursery in the end we started looking once I was on Maternity leave - none of the Nurseries minded the early visits, and it meant we had plenty of time to visit different ones and some more than once. I'm just very lucky that her Nanny has given up work to look after my little monster!

Hi everyone,

Wow it's been a while since I started a new topic on here, had to remind myself how to!!

I'm due to have a baby in 3 weeks (eek!) and am already having to think about going back to work, sadly, as we just can't afford for me to take a whole year off. My school are being fab and I'm hoping to go back three days a week from May half term next year.

We are looking for a nursery placement for those three days but not sure when we should start actually looking at nurseries: do we wait for the baby to be born or is it worth making some phone calls now? This is completely unknown territory for us both, despite both of us being teachers, my mum being a teacher, and his mum being a retired nursery nurse.

Any advice gratefully recieved, please. :o

Thank you all,

I figured it was better to start sooner rather than later, but I'm one of these people that likes to over plan and really didn't want to start too soon!! Thanks for your advice

:o

And the top tip when looking at settings is look at the children and see if they are happy.

Thanks, it's going to be interesting looking at other settings, how the staff interact with the children, etc, I'm looking forward to it!