Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Seen Or Got Either Of These Books? Are They Any Good?

I haven't seen either book but always find Sally Featherstones stuff good.

On the writing front, to encourage it and to lay the foundations I like the Little Book of writing and the little book of mark making both by Featherstone and available usually from Amazon.

I haven't seen either book but always find Sally Featherstones stuff good.

On the writing front, to encourage it and to lay the foundations I like the Little Book of writing and the little book of mark making both by Featherstone and available usually from Amazon.

Hi

I haven't seen these but they look great. I am got 'Child-initiated Learning' by Ros Bayley and Sally Featherstone and that is good. Thanks I might look into these myself.

Brownie x

I don't have the those two but i do have 'child initiated learning' from the same series. I think it was easy to understand and helped me with ways to set up the areas in the classroom and things/ ideas of how to use/ extend the areas. I am tempted to get the writing one but just haven't got round to it yet.

sorry can't be more help

Emma

I have the 'Catching them at it' I used it for my degree and its a book that I feel has been useful to me I liked ther advantages and disadvantages section to assessment it all made sense. I used it to aid directing my staff too.

Have just had a look at the other book you mentioned and have ordered it hoping it will be written in the same way.

Sue

Thanks eveyone. Sue - do you think 'Catching them at it' would still be useful now I have finished my degree - is it quite practical rather than lots of theory?

I also have a few other Featherstone books, they have all been good so far so I think I'm going to have to buy!

For me its a book I will use and I like how its written, it gives a claer focus, however I wonder how it will relate when EYFS is updated? But then all my books will be out of date :o

Currently managing a pre-school I still like to read/dip in this type of book (sad I guess)

I guess I just like books luckily so does my deputy so I pass them on to her and she see something I may of missed

Sue

Edited by Bigsue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)