Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holidays

Hi

I just wondered if anyone had been to corsica, my hubby has suggested it as a holiday location, just wondered if anyone had ever been and what it was like, his other suggestion is cyprus, just not sure which one, has anyone been to these? he wants to stay in a villa, we like to go and eat in sea front restaurants etc, and if possible walk there so we can drink, we also like somewhere a little quieter, not full off night clubs.............. i have spent ages searching on the internet, any suggestions... please as i'm no closer to reaching a descision.... Thanks

I haven't been to either but have only heard good things about Cyprus.

One of my work friends said after one visit she thought it would be somewhere she could live!

My daughter just came back from there and had a similar idea!

I am sure someone will come along with a more pertinent view but just thought I would tell you what (little) I knew!!!

Enjoy, wherever you end up going x

not been to Corsica.. but have been to Cyprus.. we went to Paphos which was lovely,we used local bus to get around as we had a hotel outside of the town where it was quiet.. may be worth some research for there as a start point...

do have friends who go to the north of the island in the Turkish sector who love it but cannot remember where , so when thinking of Cyprus check the north too..

Cyprus is lovely and they drive on the same side of the road as us so if you hire a car getting about is easy. We stayed in a golfing resort but friends had a villa in Coral Bay and didjust as you say, walked into town in the evenings to restaurants and bars.

Only criticism of Cyprus not many 'attractions' to visit if you like the odd day out looking at historical sites etc but if you just want to relax or play golf like we did very good destination.

We went to Protaras in Cyprus this year, and loved it. I liked it because it was close enough to explore the history of the Turkish invasion, Nicosia and Famagusta, but also lots of lovely Cypriot places to eat, lovely beaches, boat trips, bus trip to Ayia Napa in the daytime.

HTH

Clare