Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music For New Parts Of The Day In Fs2

Hello everyone

I am thinking about playing music on CDs for different parts of the day. For example: tidy up time, maths time etc. Has anyone done this? Has anyone got any ideas of what music to play? I thought this might be better to encourage to think for themselves and also saves my voice.

Brownie x

Hello everyone

I am thinking about playing music on CDs for different parts of the day. For example: tidy up time, maths time etc. Has anyone done this? Has anyone got any ideas of what music to play? I thought this might be better to encourage to think for themselves and also saves my voice.

Brownie x

What a lovely idea! I guess you could even try getting the children to record their own music! i.e. record them singing a 'tidy-up' song or a 'maths-linked' song etc or at least let them make some choices about which songs would be suitable - perhaps from a selection? It would give them some 'ownership' of the idea. You don't say which year group, but there are some excellent books, mostly with new words to old tunes, e.g.

Tom Thumb's Musical Maths (Helen MacGregor)

Count Me In (Pb A&C Black)

The Handy Band (Sue Nicholls) to support PSED

Bingo Lingo (Helen MacGregor) to support literacy

I love the idea, I might give it a go myself! :o

Whoops! Sorry, you did say which year in your title!

Edited by Guest

What a lovely idea! I guess you could even try getting the children to record their own music! i.e. record them singing a 'tidy-up' song or a 'maths-linked' song etc or at least let them make some choices about which songs would be suitable - perhaps from a selection? It would give them some 'ownership' of the idea. You don't say which year group, but there are some excellent books, mostly with new words to old tunes, e.g.

Hi

Thanks that's great. I was really thinking of pop songs or children's songs like 'tidy up time' I ho I ho it's off to work I go.

Sorry I'm in FS2.

Brownie x

Sorry just seen your bit about the children making up their own song and recording it to play! That's a really great idea!! Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)