Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music And Movement

The children I work with in pre-school LOVE the sticky kids CD's especially the Funky Monkey, but I would like to find something different to do with them. I have seen a post titled P.E time for Nursery where "Action Kids" was mentioned. I have had a look at the site and wonder if anyone out there has had any experience of using any of the books/CD's mentioned or can anyone recommend any other books, tapes or CD's.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gizzy :)

Hi Gizzy

We too use Sticky Kids which the children love. We also have the Action Kids book and CD. I like this particular book because it has so many ideas in, from warming up, dancing/pe/using equipment, to cooling down. The other thing I like is that you can mix and match as you want.

We also bought last year some of the Kids Music Education books and CDs-you can find their website here. We particularly liked Swing Thing and Feeling the Beat. They are very upbeat and easy to use. They are mostly action songs.

Linda

We use a couple of Sticky Kids DC's which are enormously popular and easy to deliver. Just today I had their new catalogue which features several new cd's (including Wiggle & Jiggle where they say 'fun & fitness cd with range of new and traditional songs produced to ususal high quality £9.99) which may be worth exploring too, given the success of the first few - website www.stickykids.co.uk

PS: just cos it sounds fascinating & worthy of a quick 'surf' to find out more...

Included in the brochure was a flyer for Fischy music (emotional literacy for young children) which sounds interesting www.fischy.com

Thanks Lind and LJW have looked at the sites recommended and will have to decide which I will purchase.

Maybe it will arrive in time for me to practise over the 1/2 term holidays :oxD:(:(

Gizzy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)