Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Playgroup Observations / Eyfs Logging

Hi.

I have just started supervising a playgroup after many years in a day nursery, I would apreciste advice on how other playgroups observe children / gather evidance to log in on the EYFS profile in such a short space of time? (we have the children for 1.75 hours 2 days a week) currently the setting expect a full observation for each activitiy, I feel this is to much for such a short period of time and the staff are unable to keep up with this and little evidance is getting collected. In my previous setting we had the majority of the children from 8 - 6 and were only required to do one observation a week.

Ideally I would like to introduce anecdotal (post it) notes, a focus activity checklist (which i would create and taylor to the weeks focus activity) as well as activity observations and photographs.

Opinions / ideas greatly apreciated.

couldnt agree more i would not do long obs for every actviity. Unless long obs are used effectively there is no point to them.

We do long obs at the beginnig of each term and then we do incidental obs at other times

long obs are used to plot DM and areas of interest in September we are going to replace long obs with photos and written conversations to plot and plan

• 3 weeks later...
couldnt agree more i would not do long obs for every actviity. Unless long obs are used effectively there is no point to them.

We do long obs at the beginnig of each term and then we do incidental obs at other times

long obs are used to plot DM and areas of interest in September we are going to replace long obs with photos and written conversations to plot and plan

Thanks, i put some of the idea's to the manager and she seemed to be happy with the logging ideas i had and ust wants to start getting everything in order so fingers crossed the my new idea works better than the old system LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)