Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cll Activity

after reading abc's blog i got my hands on Nick Sharatts 'what's in the witches kitchen' in order to do the PSRN cooking activity next week with my reception class.

I was trying to think of a fun CLL based activity for this book too. I really want the children to have an exciting last week in reception!

has anyone got any ideas or things they've already done with it?

I suppose maybe we could make our own pages....don't know how to do the double flap thing tho!?!

Lucie

Why not let them create their own 'witches kitchen' recipe book / recipe cards - let children work in pairs? - could cover lists / instructions. Could even make a cookery video, using jelly type sweets in the recipe?

Maybe give the end name of a dish and let them come up with the start name - SO, you write '___________ muffins' and they have to come up with a 'witch type' word to describe the muffins? Eyeball muffins, Sp.ider buns, snail salad for a bit of alliteration.

We are having a shorts n shades day to finish off our 'by the sea' theme and then the children have to write their ice cream order for the ice cream parlour - boys will certainly write then!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)