Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What To Do For My Interview

I have an interview and I have to read a book to 15 reception children and then do a follow up numeracy or literacy activity with 4 children. I was planning to read Handa's surprise then either writing a list of the animals that took the fruit or making wanted posters for the animals. What does anyone think? I really want this job and want to do the best I can so any feedback would be great. Thanks

I wouldn't do the hungry caterpillar as it has been done to death over the years and won't give the impression that you are creative/imaginitive in your planning and also by the end of reception I would expect that the children would already know days of the week, recognise numbers and be able to count accurately etc. Handa's surprise is fab and is a good one for subtracting 1 too. When I did it this year we wrote thank you letters to Handa from Akeyo for the tangerines. I like the wanted posters of animals idea, that would be fab.

A story I really like and which has been the most popular in my class this year is Nat Fantastic-Giles Andrae about a boy who turns into a superhero when he sneezes. The end of the story is left hanging with him sneezing and prompts what would happen next in Nat's adventure. This story is guaranteed to fire up interest and ticks the getting boys excited about stories/writing box. You could do all kinds of things in your follow up-think of superhero names for themselves to make badges or superhero identity cards.

Good luck!

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)