Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuing Learning Journeys Into Key Stage 1

Hi Everyone, wondering if anyone out there sends their learning journeys up to year 1 and 2 for teachers to continue collecting evidence. These will be used in Year 1 while the children continue to work towards the FSP, but the head has decided that he would like these to continue further up the school. The problem is, we tried this this year and the year 1 teachers have not really put much in to them as, understandably, they are not sure what to 'put in'. In September, the Nursery teacher is moving up to year 1 so she knows what is expected in the learning journeys and is going to continue these. However, it is the other staff that i am worried about!

The head has asked if i could come up with a list of guidelines as to what could go into these as the children move further up the school and i am not sure. We are using a more creative curriculum in the rest of school with real-life experiences being a 'BIG' deal! I was thinking that they could be used to document any trips that the children go on along with photographs of any practical activities that are completed, as a means of gathering evidence for teacher assessment. I suggested last year, that post its etc could be used to document evidence for Maths APP objectives but this doesn't seem to have happened. Would this be a reasonable request?

Any advice and suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Ems x

We use photos in KS1 to record achievment and attainment against learning objectives. This can be in any curriculum area and would be in appropriate book.- literacy, numeracy or topic.

We use books as it is easier for assessment and moderation.

• 1 year later...

Hi Susan, I am moving into Year 1 in Sept and was wondering how your day runs? Our new head is very keen on having continuous provision in the classroom. do you have any example for Literacy and numeracy planning with CP on?

I thought Reception was hard work! The planning for Year 1 seems to be mammoth task with Lit, Num, Creative curr and Reading workshop planning !my head is spinning arrrggghhhh!

Thanks

I was just saying to my colleague that everything in Numeracy should be as practical as possible and she was worried about recording the work....I agree with you- photos would be fab in their number books.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)