Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For An Activity Stall

Hi All

I am after an idea for an activity table at our summer open day. We have the normal face painting etc, but I would like to do an activity table, the open day has lots of adult tables but I would like to put on something for our LO's. Needs to be cheap and cheerful, I was thinking about visting our local scrap store for some stuff for a modelling table.

Any ideas would be great.

Some sort of craft activity always goes down well, or a better fund raiser and lots of fun is having a few simple games, e.g. topple the tins, throw a beanbag at a target etc and charge a small amount (We charge 25p for 3 balls/ beanbags) and have some dead cheap prizes, e.g. small chewy sweets or toys (we have a resource centre in manchester called grumpy that sells the toys that you get free in cereal, £1.50 for a bin bag full). It's amazing how many kids keep coming back for more goes and saying they don't want the prize after a few goes, they just want to play the game!

Our most popular activity is an assault course but for that you need space and obstacles so maybe not appropriate?

The church asked us to do a stall at their summer fair so we did card making (ready folded cards with envelopes were quite cheap from 'The Works" and HobbyCraft. We bulked out the felt, foam sequins etc with lots of cheap wrapping paper cut into squares or for cutting out of the patterns and metallic paper (cheap in The Works) and off cuts of ribbon from the market. We also did decorating biscuits - cheap rich tea biscuits icing and sweets such as dolly mixtures, pieces of strawberry bootlace etc etc. We found the best (and most hygienic!) way to manage this was to put the biscuit on the table on a square of baking paper and then give them a paper cake case with a predetermined number of sweets in (which does away with the grubby licked fingers & the not knowing when you've had enough(!) problems of letting them help themselves from the packets. They can then use the cake case (we actually used muffin cases as a bit bigger!) to take their biscuit away in, you can chuck the bit of baking paper and just give it a quick squoosh of dettox before the next sticky child. We had loads of cheap baby wipes (Morrisons Basics were less than 20p!) for wiping hands before and after!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)