Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Breakfast Club Rules And Regulations!

Scarlettangel

Hi all

I currently manage extended school provision on a school site from 11.30 to 6pm.

I have a lunch club, private nursery and after school club.

Now my Head has suggested that I take breakfast club under my wing.

It is run on rather an adhoc basis currently but the kitchen is due to close temporarily and so change is necessary!

A couple of questions in case anyone can help me-

Do breakfast club staff need to be qualified staff?

Can u give me an idea of rates of pay for staff?

Are ratios the same as after school club? Ie 1:8

What do you charge your parents?

Thank you in anticipation for your thoughts!

If there's anything else u think I should know, do tell!!

Hi I can't help with most of it but as a parent I am charged £3 for each Breakfast session my children do from 8 until school starts. They have the choice of white/brown toast with several different choices of what to spread on them and about 6 different cereals and a couple of choices of fruit juice.

Deb

Hi

Our breakfast club is open an hour before school and charges £2.20 but we are a charity and committee run.

Ratios are still 1;8, staff have to be same qualifications as after school club, one first aider etc and you have to register with environmental health as we have just found out having been running for over 10yrs!

Guest jenpercy

After School club should be registered with environmental health anyway if it serves snacks.

Although a standalone breakfast club less than 2 hours a day could use unqualified staff etc, once it is run with after-school the total hours a day for the 2 aRE COUNTED AND IT HAS TO BE REGULATED I in the same way.

After School club should be registered with environmental health anyway if it serves snacks.

I thought we were already resgistered until I checked! Anyway, all done now and they came out on Mon and awarded us 3 stars which she said was good for first time. Just got some action points to work on now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)