Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interactive Maths Display....help!

Hello all,

I need some help....I am preparing my display boards for September and I am really stuck for my maths one. Its not a huge board....about the size of a rectangular classroom table...vertical.....so the children can reach about half way up on it.

I am really wanting to make an interactive maths display but I am really stuck for ideas, I have just gone blank??

Can anyone share any good ideas or tips for this?

Thank you :o

Corie

Hi I have an interactive maths display on a board which I have covered with fabric that velcro sticks to. Over the year I have had various things on it connected with our topic/maths focus. I have had things like making number sentences with superheroes, handa's basket-making subtraction number sentences (big laminated basket and fruit for them to take away the fruit and laminated numbers to make the sentences) sorting shapes into 2 categories, at the moment I have 10 fish and 2 aquariums for making number bonds to 10. I talk through and model my board when I change it (about every 3 weeks) and it is usually one of my challenges that I give for CI time. I put a stack of paper/whiteboards and pens next to it and even if it is not a challenge, the children love to go to it-I think the children are drawn to the velcro sticking to the fabric! I found the fabric on the internet it's called 'velcro receptive fabric' or 'nylon looped fabric'

HOpe that helps

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)