Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Handwriting Schemes

I need to source a new handwriting scheme - we have used Nelson from the mid 1990's but don't have a single complete copy in our school - it's available from Amazon but was rather expensive when I last looked!

So we have decided to look at a completely new scheme - Penpals and Jungle Write (similiar to write dance ) have been suggested but wondered if anyone knew of anyone others for me to consider or use these and what are they like?

we had penpals brought in this year and while I like the warm up activities before writing and the kids do too unless you buy in the children's workbook to go with it which we didn't there are only about 6 worksheets in the handbook and they jump really quickly ahead. I have ended up making my own handwriting books for the children and am doing the age old writing in yellow felt tip for them to copy over. It seems to me that buying in penpals was a waste of money. I am looking into write dance for next year

Deb

Guest tinkerbell

we bought penpals for the whole school,very expensive initially but it does form a consistent approach.You can use it on the iwb (interactive whiteboard) and my reception class love the big writing.

Tinkerbell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)