Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assembly

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas for a song/poem etc that would be appropriate to the retirement of our deputy head. Each class is doing a little something to be combined for a farewell assembly. I am Reception Class Teacher.

Ideas would be wonderful!

Thanks.

Kelly

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas for a song/poem etc that would be appropriate to the retirement of our deputy head. Each class is doing a little something to be combined for a farewell assembly. I am Reception Class Teacher.

Ideas would be wonderful!

Thanks.

Kelly

We did 'so long , farewell,' from the sound of music, but we did have help from year 1! went down a treat!

Edited by Anje

We did 'so long , farewell,' from the sound of music, but we did have help from year 1! went down a treat!

We also did this song for our Head's retirement last year adn changed a few of the words to be more personal to him and the school. At the end all the children walked of the stage past him, waving and saying goodbye whilst the music faded out. He later told me this was the only point in the assembly where he had to hold back tears!

• 1 month later...

Another year group did that song. Due to the Deputy's love of flying/travelling we sang Barney's 'Airplane Song'! Thanks for the suggestions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)