Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help - Rec/year 1 Planning/classroom Organisation

Guest eagleeye

Guest eagleeye

Hi, hope someone can help or offer some advice. I am on maternity at the moment and when I go back in September I am getting a Rec/Year1 mixed class. I have had Rec before and love teaching EYFS and teaching from the children's interests, and never knowing what topic might come next. I feel I know what I am doing with Early Years, but can't see how to mix this with Year 1 children who have to follow the National Curriculum. Can anyone help with any ideas for planning formats - I have tried a million different formats for reception, and don't know how to cover both year groups on the same planning! Also does anyone have any continuous provision planning which covers both EYFS and Nat Curriculum? Please, please, please help if you can, I really want to make this work, i think the EYFS ethos would be really good for the Year 1s, but just dont know how to fit everything in!

Hi, hope someone can help or offer some advice. I am on maternity at the moment and when I go back in September I am getting a Rec/Year1 mixed class. I have had Rec before and love teaching EYFS and teaching from the children's interests, and never knowing what topic might come next. I feel I know what I am doing with Early Years, but can't see how to mix this with Year 1 children who have to follow the National Curriculum. Can anyone help with any ideas for planning formats - I have tried a million different formats for reception, and don't know how to cover both year groups on the same planning! Also does anyone have any continuous provision planning which covers both EYFS and Nat Curriculum? Please, please, please help if you can, I really want to make this work, i think the EYFS ethos would be really good for the Year 1s, but just dont know how to fit everything in!

Hello,

I find this (hopefully) attached document invaluable for mixed R/1 planning. I have to confess it is not my doing and I found it on the TES website. In my planning I just have the LO's for year R and year 1 at the top and differentiate the activity accordingly. My year 1's have seperate 'target time' where they work on their next steps, topic work when Rs are having CI play. I plan this to follow their interests and ususally it is outdoors as most of mine are boys! Year1's then have CI when not doing activities but I plan in provision enhancments for them at their level.

Hope this helps a bit

Lucy

Mixed_R1_ELGs_and_objectives_1_.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)