Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Visit Day Activity

Hi all!!

I'm very happy to say I got a job teaching Reception class in September.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for an induction activity on our visit day from nursery - something that can be put on the wall for when the children arrive in September. Previous years have included hand prints, and self-portraits (which took too long) and I have been asked to think about something they could do.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks all :o

I usually do painted portraits, with which goes the child's attempt at their name. it makes a very effective display i find and all of the children love looking at each other too when they start!

We also do something for the birthady display...last year we did hot air balloon decorating to which i attached string and a basket with the child's photograph in and their birthday date. We also take a photograph of each child, so that these can be put with any 'work' they do, and one for peg, star of the week star, special book...any thing else that crops up.

Lucie

I usually do painted portraits, with which goes the child's attempt at their name. it makes a very effective display i find and all of the children love looking at each other too when they start!

We also do something for the birthady display...last year we did hot air balloon decorating to which i attached string and a basket with the child's photograph in and their birthday date. We also take a photograph of each child, so that these can be put with any 'work' they do, and one for peg, star of the week star, special book...any thing else that crops up.

Lucie

Thanks! I was thinking of portraits, although the teacher said they took too long last time, perhaps I could use a photocopy basic face shape to start them off a bit? I think they'd be nice and jolly!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)