Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Senior Practitioner

Hi all,

I'm just coming to end of my first year of the Foundation Degree.

My last module is about enabling, supporting and managing children's learning.

I have to write an assignment on the role of a senior practitoner in enabling, supporting and managing children's learning and link this to theory!!!!! However, I just dont know where to start! :o

Has anyone else done anything similar? Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi Sophie123,

I have just finished my EYFD although I did not do year one as my PGCE allowed me to progress straight to year 2. Therefore I did not do this unit but it would seem to me that the starting point should be observing and assessing each child to find where they are in their learning, then planning for their next steps. Basically it seems to be about the planning cycle which, if memory serves me correctly from my PGCE would be Kolb and Gibbs? Then there's the learning styles, schemas, experiential learning (I vaguely remember some learning pyramid). We enable children by giving them time, space and resources that meet their needs and providing experiences that take their interests into consideration. We support them my modelling behaviour, scaffolding their learning, etc. Would this help you to start your assignment?

I will have a look at previous work I've done and send you more thoughts when I get time.

Hi childmindermam,

Thankyou so much for that, has helped me get my head around some of this assignment. Nice to speak to someone has experience of the EYFD, Much appreciated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)