Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music To Accompany Slide Show

Hi,

I think this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Has anyone got any ideas of music to accompany a slide show of photos of the work we have done during the year? It would form part of our 'Reception's Got Talent' performance to parents in a few weeks.

Thanks, Carrots

Hi last week i did a similar slide show for the parents using all the photos collected over the year. I used the Annie Lennox song "My Universal Child". It is a truely beautiful song and there wasnt a dry eye left in the hall at the end of the slideshow. Hope this helps :o

What have you done today to make you feel proud - Heather Small

Simply the Best - Tina Turner

What a Beautiful World - Nat King Cole (I think)

My Way - Frank Sinatra

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - not the version by Judy Garland but by a chap; think he's from New Zealand, I'll try to find his name and get back to you

Hope these help a little!

• 2 weeks later...

I always think 'Never Forget' by Take That is always a good one...

We've come so far, reached so high...and we're still so young... etc etc.

Always makes me a bit emotional!!

Oh, and 'I get by with a little help from my friends' - a bit jollier and lovely when looking at pics of the children working together x

Thanks for your suggestions! We were planning to go with Proud by Heather Small, but 'I get by with a liitle help...' is now making me think of changing it!

We did 'Proud' last year and it was a great accompaniment - really uplifting. We have done 'What a wonderful world' by Israel Kamakawiwoole and it made lots of people get very emotional.

This year thinking about Elbow track - can't remember name - olympic bid number but using instrumental version. Also thinking of Joe Hisaishi, 'Summer' or Giovanni Allevi, 'Back to life' or maybe Yiruma, 'River flows in you' all really beautiful tracks.

Any more ideas anyone? I love searching about for the 'perfect' match.

Ok - SO how do you do the slide show with music added?

I had celebration afternoon this week and didn't know how to do it.

I cheat - run the slideshow and press 'play' on the CD player at the same time! There is a way to add music to the slideshow, but I haven't worked that out yet!

i use windows movie maker, turn photos into a dvd, add music, and every parent gets one of their child when they leave. i made a few this evening in preperation -made me feel a bit choked tbh !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)