Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holiday Club Resources / Rountine

Hello i currently run a pre-school and am in the process of sorting out a holiday club and would like to know what sort of resources and rountine do other holiday clubs have, i have got all equipment and resources for the under 5s its just the 5 - 12yrs i need abit of advice on what sort of equipment you have and they enjoy.The hours i will be running it will be 9.30am - 2.30pm and we have use of two adjoining rooms and a large outside area, thanks in advanced

We have recently started running an Out of School club in the playgroup building so had to invest in some new resources. I'm not sure we have got it right yet but a few things have gone down very well.

They love a Wii and that does involve a lot of sharing which is good and bad. The other thing they really love is Hot Wheels and track as well the obvious board games and jigsaws.

Obviously everyone loves cooking!

We have balls and badmington rackets outside and room for some football to be played. For both the older and younger children, water, sand, playdough etc are great and also large building blocks which keeps evern the 10 year olds happy for hours!

We could do with some suggestions for outside though if anyone has some more.

Oh and the other thing is that they LOVE a circle time at the beginning. I was a bit scared of that at first with the older ones but you just say "anyone got any news" and then 20 minutes later you say "ok perhaps we better do something else now."!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)