Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Presentation

Hi ya

I have a presentation for a job interview next week. I have to give a presentation on "Consistency, continunity, progression and a relevent curriculum are essential for high attainment and good behaviour"

COR! I can think of lots of things but just don't know what to cover in 10 mins. The job is for foundation stage leader ( which would include year 1)

Can someone shed any light :o

Well done on getting an interview ... wow that is a presentation and a half !

I was thinking they perhaps they really want you to talk about what high quality provision is from Nursery to Reception to Year 1 and you could perhaps address those areas (consistency etc.) through some specified themes which you identify as being important. Some ideas for themes could be :

e.g. 1)

RELATIONSHIPS (staff with each other, with children, with families) promoting consistency, continuity, progression, relevant curriculum leading to high attainment and good behaviour (What this looks like ?)

2) ENVIRONMENT (how its features promote consistency, continuity etc.)

3) PLANNING A CREATIVE CURRICULUM (how you can achieve consistency...etc.)

4) TRANSITION (how you can achieve consistency etc.)

I think you need to have good, clear points well illustrated with photos etc. for a brief presentation to show you can initiate change and inspire others.

Good luck

Hope something is useful for you here !

Galleon :D

That is a fantastic answer, Galleon :D

I'd just add a bit about continuity and progression being achieved through careful and regular observations of the children, together with a recording system that all adults connected to the child can contribute to.

Thank you very much! it does seem like a hugh topic for ten minutes and I don't want them all to fall asleep on me while I go on and on :o

YIPPEE!!!!!! :D:D:D

I got the job!! Thanks for all your help. You are now looking at the new phase leader for Foundation stage and Y1

Can't wait for September.

Gillie

Hi Gillie

Congratulations and well done-you must be really pleased! :o I hope it all goes well for you in September.

Linda

Congratulations Gillie, Well done and thank you for sharing your good news. Let us all know how you get along in September.

Peggy

Thank you everyone!!!

now how on earth do I get all these people to work together in harmony?

:o

There are lots of ideas on the site which is great and with all you guys around I can't go wrong.

Hi Gillie,

Brilliant ... well done, lots of luck for September ! You'll be wonderful and make it work how you want it to, and your enthusiasm will inspire your team ! We're all learning all the time and this site is the perfect place to try out any ideas first !

Hope you are celebrating in style !

Galleon :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)