Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Deputy Roles And Responsibilities?

You may know that I have recruited a new deputy after the inherited one has left. Historically this role has included behaviour management, health and safety officer, outings coordinator and planning coordinator.

Having been more than a little shaken by the state of these areas since deputy left I am reconsiderring the roles the deputy should be responsible for, after all, many of these areas form the statutory requirements. I know I'm partly to blame for accepting that things had been done and not checking closely enough and I'm now tightening everything up.

Would really like to know what additional roles deputys have in other settings?

im a deputy and senco, we also have a heath and saftey officer and another member of staff who deals with behaviour ect... we find if everyone has their own title and job its better run also we are on top of anything that needs doing and we all feel involved.

My deputy is also H & S officer and (with me) is a named safeguarding officer. She is also our admissions officer and deals with everything to do with admissions from monitoring the waiting list, offering places and arranging visits/keyworkers as well as all our funding paperwork. We have named Senco/Behaviour Management/Equal Opps and although all staff are 1st aid trained a named 1st aider. I really like the idea of having an outing s co ordinator- one less jb for me to do!!

Hi there

Obviously a lot depends on individual strengths but in our setting, one deputy is the SENCO, one the ENCO and H&S, another member of staff is responsible for behaviour managment, I'm the designated safeguarding person.

So complete variation then! I have a designated health and hygiene, outside play, first aid and meds as well. Think I'll throw it open to the team on development day.

Thanks to all for your replies, hope this week has started well for you Debs x

Likewise my deputy also is our bookings/funding officer however this is a seperate role that she recieves extra payment for. She also runs some sessions while I am in the office and updates the register. Invaluable to me and the setting :o

Andrea

Edited by Andreamay