Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed C5 Unit

paddywack

Hi everyone paddywack back. I have to do 2 assignments by thursday and I have hit a wall cant get my head round them have already done 5 so feeling brain dead!!!! c5.4 pc 7---- concerns over the recognition and expression of feelings in individual children are identified and shared with others as appropriate to the situation and within the confidentiality and guidance of the setting. c5.6 pc 2----The amount and type of information given to children about to move is agreed as appropriate with parents and other professionals. I really am stuck on how to incorporate these elements into an assignment am I being thick I spent all weekend doing the other assignments and ku questions I think I am on burn out !!!! Help!!!!!!!!! xD:(:o:(

Hi Paddywack -

Quick question: you have read the C5 guidance article have you? Just wondering whether you're still stuck after reading it or haven't found your way to it yet?

C5 guidance here  :)

31994[/snapback]

have read it and still cofused have too much going round my head or maybe I just cant do it !!!

Hi Paddywack,

An obvious expression of feeling is frustration if a child can't do want they want to do (either because they are physically unable yet, or because the setting cannot incorporate their wishes....we have a few children at the moment who ONLY want to sit on pink chairs!!!) Other frequently observed ones might be aggression, sadness, anger, etc. Good practice would be to share this information with other colleagues and plan activities to help the observed child extend their skills, or to help them share more willingly, etc.

The other part of that question I think is concerned with, for example, a worrying trend in behaviour, or an unusual behaviour for the child in question. Repeatedly, increased unwelcome behaviour might point to problems outside the setting, and therefore, your child protection and confidentiality policies would need to be followed carefully. Similarly, a child who has become unusually withdrawn or suddenly unwilling to participate in activities.

The bit about moving on, and sharing info with parents....you could write a paragraph about what you do in your setting to help prepare children for the transition to school; eg, sensitive talking about the similarities between your setting and their reception class, which friends they might be with, what they will wear, how they will get to school, etc etc. Do you discuss with parents how much information they would like their childre to have? Some parents want to "big up" the move to school, and others like to play it down, and take it slowly. I guess it's best to be somewhere in between! :D In my experience, parents like being asked how they would like us to prepare their child for school. Do your feeder schools pay visits to preschool settings to meet their future children?

Hi Paddywack,

An obvious expression of feeling is frustration if a child can't do want they want to do (either because they are physically unable yet, or because the setting cannot incorporate their wishes....we have a few children at the moment who ONLY want to sit on pink chairs!!!) Other frequently observed ones might be aggression, sadness, anger, etc. Good practice would be to share this information with other colleagues and plan activities to help the observed child extend their skills, or to help them share more willingly, etc.

The other part of that question I think is concerned with, for example,  a worrying trend in behaviour, or an unusual behaviour for the child in question. Repeatedly, increased unwelcome behaviour might point to problems outside the setting, and therefore, your child protection and confidentiality policies would need to be followed carefully. Similarly, a child who has become unusually withdrawn or suddenly unwilling to participate in  activities.

The bit about moving on, and sharing info with parents....you could write a paragraph about what you do in your setting to help prepare children for the transition to school; eg, sensitive talking about the similarities between your setting and their reception class, which friends they might be with, what they will wear, how they will get to school, etc etc. Do you discuss with parents how much information they would like their childre to have? Some parents want to "big up" the move to school, and others like to play it down, and take it slowly. I guess it's best to be somewhere in between!  :D  In my experience, parents like being asked how they would like us to prepare their child for school. Do your feeder schools pay visits to preschool settings to meet their future children?

32007[/snapback]

Helen thanks so much that was a great help I was looking at it totally wrong. What would we do without this site its a god send!! Thankyou I should be able to get my head round it now. xxx :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)