Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Session Help Please :)

Hi everyone...i need your help :) :)

Have a maths session to plan based on problem solving with a focus of addition and or subtraction! with FS2 children - only working with a group of 6. Had a few ideas but nothing that seems exciting enough. Need an active, fun, and problem solving activity??? if anyone can inspire me that would be great. Thanks for your help!

x

I've just done an observation like this with a treasure hunt with problem solving activities. It was for more able children and used questions linked to Winnie the Witch. There are 19 worms in the pot. Winnie uses 8 in a magic spell. Wilbur eats 2. How many are left?

that sounds like a fun idea...how did u manage the treasure hunt...clues around the outside area maybe? problems to solve then a clue to where to look next? sounds really exciting...would love to know more :)

Yeah, the clues were in the outdoor area. They were printed on envelopes. When they had solved it, we opened the envelope and there was a picture of where the next clue was. One of the kids suggested that we stay together so that Winnie didn't get us so it was easier to keep them all together. I have the clues saved and the sheets if you would like them, just give me a message!

Em

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)