Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flower Heaven

I've done daffodils with yellow card, egg boxes painted and straws for the stems. I don't know if you are looking for craft ideas but recently we painted some flowers using handprints. The children painted the stem, did sponge painting leaves and then four handprints for the petals. They look lovely and bright. :D

Great minds Carol!! :)

We have done something similar to Carol with hand prints too. We used a circle of paper for the centre and finger printed it to look like seeds-especailly good if you are doing sunflowers. We have also done sunflowers with screwed up pieces of tissue paper for the centre.

Linda

Guest LucyQ

If you can get hold of some dried flowers, leaves you could make some wonderful natural looking pictures - why not dry your own flowers - a good long activity checking the flowers to see if they are ready - I think they take about six weeks to dry properly.

You could fetch some on a nature walk and perhaps buy a bouquet to add some brighter flowers/foliage.

What about flowers from strips of paper - use cutting skills to cut paper into strips then use stapler to join paper into circles one in the centre then six around the outside make a stalk and leaf with green paper and join on in the same way. Children love using the stapler.

Hi,

We made some lovely flowers once where the children did some simple sewing on pieces of felt ... it looked really effective. They did stitches of different colours on circles and ovals and we assembled them together in a large collage.

We have also used real flower petals with tissue / crepe paper too and used lots of glue to hold and preserve the petals.

We also did an Andy Goldsworthy type sculpture with lots of leaves, petals and flowers to make group huge flowers and then took photos of them.

We also painted daisies using the finger print method and used 'The Diary of an Edwardian Lady' to inspire some lovely watercolour flowers

Galleon :o

My class made some lovely Flower Tiles using plain white bathroom tiles as a background and then created flowers on the tiles with clay - when they were dry thre children painted them and then varnished them when dry - these made a lovely display with the 3D effect of the clay on the tile. You would be surprised at how many people have stacks of spare tiles knocking around!! Enjoy your topic!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)