Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics Training

Hi all,

I am to deliver some phonics training to new staff members after the half term. We use the Jolly Phonics scheme and Letters and Sounds. I was going to run through these documents and show them how to use them with the children. However I wondered if there is anything else any of you fanatastic people have as ideas to share with these new Early Years practitioners linked to phonics they need to know.

Thank you all

:o

I would show them this website (same website one you pay for and one you don't) - see below

letter and sounds website

phonics play website

I find the hardest thing in phonics is the repeatition and trying to find different ways to deliver the ideas in letters and sounds so the children and myself don't get bored. This website just offers other things you can use and the lesson plans are another outline you can follow and adapt.

im sure on the forum somewhere their is a post about interesting ays to teach tricky words i remember reading it.

Guest ChunkyMan

Have a look at Kent website

www.kenttrustweb.org.uk

Click on games and then phonics. They have some great games to use on the IWB during phonics....my kids love them, esp. froggy phonemes, poop deck pirates, word tree (also used for letter recognition) Help a hedgehog, phoneme checker...all great.

I would show them this website (same website one you pay for and one you don't) - see below

letter and sounds website

phonics play website

I find the hardest thing in phonics is the repeatition and trying to find different ways to deliver the ideas in letters and sounds so the children and myself don't get bored. This website just offers other things you can use and the lesson plans are another outline you can follow and adapt.

im sure on the forum somewhere their is a post about interesting ays to teach tricky words i remember reading it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)