Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Planning Help!

Guest TinklePrincess

Guest TinklePrincess

Ok, so I think I might just be a little dense here... it's been a long day and I'm exhausted...

I've been going over my planning sheets for my upcoming EYPS summer placement (starting tomorrow) and there's a section with the headings, Y, B, G and ELG... I have no idea what they stand for but I have an inkling that EG is Early Learning Goal... I have noted down some of the statements from the EYFS to put into these sections but can't seem to figure it out... I haven't looked at it in almost a year!

Am I just being really silly or can someone help?

Thank you

Y, B, G refer to the colours of the stepping stones leading to the Early Learning Goals (ELG). They have now been replaced by the development matter statements.

Good luck with your placement

Posy

I agree: I think the sheets are a little out of date! :o

Where are you doing your placement? Have they provided you with these sheets? I ask because it's not usual these days to plan loads of stuff in advance, without taking into account the children's interests, their levels of development, etc. Will you have the opportunity to observe the children and discuss their learning and development with the staff? This will help greatly with your planning.

Guest TinklePrincess

Ahh, that'll be why I haven't a clue then!!

It's a Sure Start Children's Centre, they don't have to deliver the EYFS because they have no day care provision, it's just drop in sessions where the parents also attend, so they don't need to plan like normal nurseries do and they don't conduct observations, as they don't know who will be there and who won't...

To be honest I know I'm going to struggle to get everything I need from the setting, but there's just a distinct lack of high quality nurseries in my area, and even less who are willing to accept an EYPS "student" coming in to make changes!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)