Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finding Resources To Back Up Free Flow In Y2

In September I start a new job teaching Y2. I want to continue free flow teaching as in FS. I would like to find some research/ideas/publications on this way of working for upper KS1.

Does anyone have any links or books they can recommend?

:o

Edited by Guest

ahh excellent, thanks!

So what are your plans with Y2? Ive taught ks1 for 8 years and this year FS.I love the way I have worked and really want to carry on with it.

My main area of confusion is how I might allow the children to be child initiated and whether it would be frowned upon.

Im considering the same set us as i currently have - different areas in the class (all FS areas including listening centre, construction, creative, role play, music, maths, writing table, reading corner, self selectable craft/DT materials etc)

Lessons would begin with Whole class teaching- introducing/practising/refining the skill

then

I would take groups for focused work

LSA may take groups linked to the main session or be involved in child initiated or be observing.

children would have free reign and i would give them a job or jobs to do over the course of the morning and new ones in the afternoon.

My only problem with this is that i assume that i wont always get the focused groups done before play time - so ill have to continue after break. I would do a new main session (say i started with literacy and the focused groups were literacy based, after break i would do numeracy.)

This means I wouldnt always be doing focused maths everyday or literacy.

There would be a session everyday but not a 'hour' as it used to be.

Any thoughts?