Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Annual Reports To Parents From Eprofiles

The eprofile generates a large amount of text (SS and ELGs achieved by the child) for the end of year report. This, together with the teacher's comments, looks dense and rather daunting when printed. Can the amount of text be reduced so that the report is still sufficiently comprehensive and informative for parents?

Hi Judith

glad you asked this one as I'm trying to do the same. I have my eprofile on my laptop version 2.2.2. Last night Iw as having a go at the reports. After selecting an individual pupil and when I pressed the final report button it asked me to save the report as (I duly did this and it wnet into my documents as a word document which I was then able to adapt the text adding or deleating what I needed to). However, when trying this on my colleagues PC at school it wouldn't allow us to change the text.

I don't like the way it says' has achieved all the stepping stones' as I don't think it's particularly helpful/relevant to some of our parents?

Has anyone else cracked it?

Thanks, Liza

I'm feeling paralysed by this. Do you think that now, or in future years, this will take less time than the traditional way of writing reports? At the moment it is certainly looking very unhelpful.

Guest Tracey F

We use Report Assist throughout the school, so last year I copied and pasted selected comments from the eprofile into it alongside some of the comments from Report Assist and added some more typing of my own...

Sounds long winded, but it really wasn't :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - V intersted in this discussion. Last year I bravely entered in all the boxes of the e profile which made a long winded report. This year we have decided to limit the boxes we comment in. For example just 'general' in PSE and under each of the CLL headings but not general etc.

You might be able to use the 'Find and Replace' function on your word processing package to change the stepping stone and achieved goals statements - I find these awkward and hoped they would have changed in the up graded package we've just got from our LEA. We changed 'heading' colours and added photographs in our word document last year to brighten them up.

Good luck to all those writing their reports!

I can't make my e profile produce reports! Not sure what i'm doing wrong!!! So i invented our own version thta shows the statements achieved and a comment for each of the sections. Looks long winded but with the joy of the cut and paste hasn't taken very long at all. Thin i've attached one for comments! Mean that the report matches the format of other reports in the school!

Isabel.doc

That's great SB. Report Assist and eprofile have both fried my brain! :o

I am going to ask HT if I can adopt and adapt your version.

Does anyone know where the targets are for FS on Report Assist????

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)