Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Co-ordinator Role/ File/ General Advice Please!

Hi,

I am starting a new role in September- I wondered what you had in your EYFS file as co-ordinators? What would i need to keep in here?

Also, any advice as to what I would need to do first in my role?

Just wanted to get the ball rolling so I can get my head around it all before I start!!

Steffi

:o

Ok, then I would suggest seeing if there is system in place already. In my old school, the phase leaders all had the same folders set up. Shame for you to reinvent the wheel if it in place already.

Regarding your role, unless you are taking on an out of class role, then your first priority will be your class, as first and foremost you are still a class teacher; then getting to know how the school works and getting to know your colleagues. Only then will you know what needs doing, and there may be a development plan in place to help start you off. Unless there are major concerns you have been informed need urgent attention, then take time to settle in. This time will pay off later on.

Is there any chance you can visit the school before you take up the post, maybe talk to the outgoing coordinator if there is one so you can find all these things out.

Thanks Mundia.

yes I will have some time avaioable to re-visit the school before I start.There's so much to get my head around- I just want to make sure I start off on the right foot and don't forget to do anything!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)