Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Help!

Hi! I have got an interview on wednesday. My lesson observation is in a year 2 class, and i have been asked to teach literacy for 40 minutes. They have not given me a focus and told me i could do what i want! has anyone got any good lesson ideas?! I am used to teaching in nursery and so teaching in Year 2 is very different for me! hope someone can help xx

In 40 mins my suggestion would be use a poem as a starting point and for the children between them to write a collaborative list type poem that each child can add to. For an interview I once used 'the magic box' by Kit Wright as a starting point and then the children wrote what they would put into their magic box.

Hope that helps

Deb

Hi

I have used the Magic Box poem with year 1 for an interview I thought the lesson went well but I didn't get the job - I took in a box and the children wrote a line of the poem of what they wanted to put in the box using good describing words and higher ability used alliteration - then the children put their papers into the box to make a class poem

x

Hi

I have used the Magic Box poem with year 1 for an interview I thought the lesson went well but I didn't get the job - I took in a box and the children wrote a line of the poem of what they wanted to put in the box using good describing words and higher ability used alliteration - then the children put their papers into the box to make a class poem

x

Hi thanks i have been looking at the poem and it seems good. I am just worried that it's not very interactive!? Did you find that all fo the children got involved? I want to do something that will really stand out. Does anyone else have any other ideas? i am starting to get panic about it!! x

I got the children to do actions as I read the poem - but yeah guess your right its not that interactive really

I have 4 interview this coming week so I know how you feel its stressful isn't it

I have to do a writing lesson tomorrow on chickens and eggs for reception and I'm totally blank at the mo - everything I think of just doesn't seem quiet right

Good Luck

xxx

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)