Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E100 Ema

Hi everybody

I am currently (trying) to complete my EMA for the E100 and for some reason I just cannot get started on part two:

In this part you should show how your understanding has changed and developed in relation to:

• the ways in which children learn and develop

• the ways in which early years settings support children’s learning and development.

Refer back to your TMAs to support your arguments.

Include examples of how your practice and understanding have developed in the following areas:

• transitions

• inclusion and inclusive practice

I'm struggling with what to put in this part which is silly as i've written several other assignments which include learning and development but I have got 'brain freeze' of how to structure it and what to put in. I thought maybe effective communication, parents as partners but it all seems to blur into one!

Help!!!! (please)

Hi!

Didn't want to read and run, but I did my level 4 in the old format so don't really know about the requirements. I have a colleague who did this last year and another who is currently doing it. She, too, appears to be struggling a bit - I will have a chat next week and try to remember to get back to you!!

Sue

Hi,

Show how your understanding of the way children learn and develop and the way early years settings support that learning and development may have changed

Identify one specific key issue and finding that was highlighted in the following

TMA 2 – Children as unique individuals

TMA 3 - Your understanding of observation and assessment

TMA 4 - How children develop and learn

How has your practice and understanding developed in the following areas?

* Communication with children and their families

* Child development

* Safeguarding children and promoting their welfare

* Transitions

* Multi-agency working

* Sharing information

Identify one piece of evidence from your observations or interactions with the children to support each area discussed

Outline 2 ways in which you would like to see your setting develop in the coming year.

Identify the course materials and other resources (e.g. TMA research activities) that you can refer to to support your arguments.

Also attached is a ECA checklist - make sure you talk about and include the topics listed on there.

ECA_Marking_checklist.doc

Hi,

Show how your understanding of the way children learn and develop and the way early years settings support that learning and development may have changed

Identify one specific key issue and finding that was highlighted in the following

TMA 2 – Children as unique individuals

TMA 3 - Your understanding of observation and assessment

TMA 4 - How children develop and learn

How has your practice and understanding developed in the following areas?

* Communication with children and their families

* Child development

* Safeguarding children and promoting their welfare

* Transitions

* Multi-agency working

* Sharing information

Identify one piece of evidence from your observations or interactions with the children to support each area discussed

Outline 2 ways in which you would like to see your setting develop in the coming year.

Identify the course materials and other resources (e.g. TMA research activities) that you can refer to to support your arguments.

Also attached is a ECA checklist - make sure you talk about and include the topics listed on there.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the checklist but does it apply to the same one I am doing as I know they change them a lot, I am on a Sept 10 - summer course and the brief is:

In this part you should show how your understanding has changed and developed in relation to:

• the ways in which children learn and develop

• the ways in which early years settings support children’s learning and development.

Refer back to your TMAs to support your arguments.

Include examples of how your practice and understanding have developed in the following areas:

• transitions

• inclusion and inclusive practice

The checklist doesnt mention inclusion, what do you think? It has to be in by Monday :0(

ps I'm asking as we've been told to only write about what is in the assignment requirements, but if that is the relevant one it would make it soooo much easier x

Hi,

I just checked my Assessment guide (2010/2011) and this is what it says for the ECA

The assignment

You need to write an account of the way in which your role as a practitioner has developed over the past year.

To do this, show how your understanding has changed and developed in relation to:

* the ways in which children learn and develop

* the ways in which early years settings support children’s learning and development.

Refer back to the main themes of your four TMAs to support your arguments. Include how your practice and understanding have developed in the following areas:

* communication with children and their families

* child development

* safeguarding children and promoting their welfare

* transitions

* multi-agency working

* sharing information.

Support your view with evidence from observations of and interactions with the children you support. Outline ways in which you would like to see your setting develop in the coming year, using the course materials and other resources to support your arguments.

Finally, outline the way you plan for your own role and career to develop in the medium to long term and the steps you will take to support these plans.

If your assignment question is the same as above - then yes that is the correct checklist.

let me know

lisa

Hi Lisa

Thank fully finished assignment. It was different to yours but it was all still included anyway in one way or another. I'm a bit worried if ive covered transitions enough as I only said I understood how it could have a neg impact and the key being to talk to parents and children. I then linked this to parents as partners, key person, enabling environments etc but didn't actually use the word 'transistion' again. Am I worrying needlesly?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)