Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Help

Been given an interview for a new job next week, there was 2 posts within the school for Reception and Key Stage 1. The interview is to use a story stimulus with 15 year one children and then progress onto writing. to last about 40 minutes. I currently teach in reception so i am a bit of a loss of ideas at the minute! any one used anything that really works where productivity was high?

I work with pre-school so am sorry I can't give ideas but, since you have not had any replies, wanted to wish you good luck for the interview. I hope it goes well and you turns out for the best.

Gruffalo2

I've used the story peace at last. I read/acted out the story with the children, then they write a page each for their own version with the head wanting to find somewhere to write a letter. You can provide a writing frame to support the less able/confident and encourage descriptive vocabulary for the more able/confident. I've done this both when I was a Y1 teacher and for interviews too, always very successfully.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)