Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Pond / Fishing

Hi

I've had a request for this (short) half terms roleplay area to be a fishing area (I'm linking to minibeasts through 'The Pond'.) Has anyone got any new ideas- particularly for child choice PSED????

We will have tadpoles and a small tray of pond water to explore (diving beetles etc hopefully!)

What would you offer for child choice? I try to offer a new activity either indoors or outdoors for each AOL. I've attatched a sample of my CC planning!

Many thanks- I'm almost brain strained now; should probably go to bed!

Rach

2.5.11_continuous_provision.doc

Sounds exciting, I love pondipping,

Just a word of warning and I apoplogise if you know this:-

Quite a lot of pondlife can fly - eg, beetles, water boatmen and pondskaters, so if your tray gets too warm they may fly off. If you are bringing your tray in on a daily basis for a short while you should be fine but I wouldn't leave it in the classroom, a tank with oxygenating plants would be better.

Also great diving beetles, water boatmen and larger dragonfly larvae can bite/sting. I have never had a child that's been bitten I think like bees they only bite/sting when threatened, but I have always been careful to warn children and teach them proper netting techniques and used plastic spoons to move the animals between trays.

Ideas - sorry I haven't any to hand at the moment have you looked in minibeasts in the resources section?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)