Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Published Schemes Of Work

It is rumoured we are to be going onto the Cornwall scheme of work. I was wondering if anyone has used this and how they have found it. I am a bit worried on how to meet children' s interests on such a fixed scheme.

Would be grateful for any opinions

Jay

No I dont know that either Jay but I think theres always room to move with the children, responding to their interests. You may need to be more creative about and create tenuous links perhaps but it should still be possible. Just think of it as a framework on which you hang everything else.

:) Hi Jay I have used bits and pieces from the Cornwall Scheme (I don't have it all as I have had to buy it myself :). I teach R/YR1 and have found it very supportive. It is quite structured but I used it as a framework and highlighted what we covered each term, week.

Hope that helps

I am interested in this scheme of work but don't know how to get it could you tell me where i can find a copy?

Thanks

We have been using this scheme for the past few years. Luckily our LEA supplied the resources. We adapted some of the curriculumn for our pre-school children. The books are all at work so I'll try to remember to bring them home tomorrow if you want more details.

:) Hi Jay- I was first inspired by the Cornwall stuff when I read a publication by them "Ensuring Quality in Mixed age Classes". What I liked was the links they made with QCA Schemes for Years 1 and 2 (I teach R/Yr1). I bought the Early Years Curriculum planning and assessment book and use this as the basis for my long and medium term planning. I understand that if you buy the books for each of the 6 areas of Learning they share a wealth of ideas for activities but I don’t have them. I just use this website www.swgfl.org.uk/earlyyears also based on the Cornwall Scheme to gain ideas. It works for me and when I was inspected in January I got a ‘very good’ for the curriculum overall.

Yours, Fairynough

P. S Cornwall Early Years 01872 270479 Cost = about £70

Will get the details of where we get it from. We have purchased all 6 books and I should have a copy this week so will have more information then. Thanks for the website it looks really good will use that.

Hi Jay when you have had time to look through the 6 books could you let us know what you think as I might think about buying some more.

Ta very much.

Hi Jay when you have had time to look through the 6 books could you let us know what you think as I might think about buying some more.

Ta very much.

31525[/snapback]

No problem fairynough. Just managed to get a look this morning. Looks quite good actually Looked at the MTP for holidays am quite impressed.

I am supposed to get the books this afternoon so I feel it might be a spot of bedtime reading :o . Will try to post more info tomorrow lunch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)