Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding...degree....work

I have just been promoted at my workplace... from nursery practitioner in preschool to room leader in toddlers. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on the foundation degree as I want to be a reception class teacher, and was wondering about funding etc... My manager was talking about doing the degree not through college but where the assessor comes to you does anyone know anything about this as i want to research into it but don't know which providers provide this. Many Thanks Amy :o

I have just been promoted at my workplace... from nursery practitioner in preschool to room leader in toddlers. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on the foundation degree as I want to be a reception class teacher, and was wondering about funding etc... My manager was talking about doing the degree not through college but where the assessor comes to you does anyone know anything about this as i want to research into it but don't know which providers provide this. Many Thanks Amy :o

Hi Beckhamblush

First of all, well done on your promotion! I've not heard of the FD where they come to you so couldn't help you there sorry but, i finished mine about for 2 years ago. It was one day a week for 18 months 2pm until 9pm (I got released from school in the afternoon) but I think other institutions vary with the length of time. Regarding funding I got a tuition fee loan which doesn't have to be paid back until I earn over 15,000 but with the change in fee amounts I think it is changing to over 21,000. You can also get a 250 grant towards books and other course related costs which doesn't have to be paid back but I can't remember if it was means tested.

Good luck with thinngs xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)