Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play

Hi there

I know there are lots of ideas on outdoor play already here - loads of which I have used, but I'm stuck for what to do with our grassy hill. Initially, the children just loved to climb up it, and there were some bushes and trees which I pruned to make a tunnel which they love, but I would love to do something more with the hill now, as they are just running down it, and our classroom sits at the bottom, so getting worried someone is going to go crashing into it. I was thinking of trying to get some boulders for them to climb on, but the hill is quite steep and I would worry they mignt roll down!!. We have an area for planting, so dont want to do that there.

Any ideas???

G

could you dig a trench and stick in a piece of guttering? then children could pour water down it/ or sed balls, cars boats ect down it. not sure what you could put at end to catch the things though i anything depends on your setting.

last year i work in a nursery with a little hill (they called it the teletubbie hill!) the children loves to run up and down it, so i don't see any harm in it just being a really free place for children to run about.

Em x

We have a hill in our garden too. There is a tree at the top that we have tied rope onto and the children have used the rope to help them climb up the hill. They spent the best part of a session doing this one day. You could also use different things and time how long it would take for each one to go down or have races with cars, balls etc.

Fiona

Guttering is a great one, but also just get a load of sticks some tarpauline and go den making,

spread out bags of leaves and just let them be with those

And if some children still want to roll maybe they have a circulatory schema!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)