Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stories And Storytelling

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having a major mind block! I am in the process of writing a 2000 word assignment on the contribution of storytelling to the development of young children's emoitional, intellectual, spiritual, cultural and social needs. Which I have approx 1400 words done so far. Would you put reference/information in from the stories themselves.

eg ~ A story which could deal with this is **** or A story I have used/told to children is****

also with regards to social needs, is this things such as bullying/divorce/moving home or am I on the wrong track altogether.

Please help x

I would phrase it as 'the contribution of storytelling to young children's emoitional, intellectual, spiritual, cultural and social development', and miss out the needs bit.

Yes I would add a reference or two as examples of such books. One I used recently to help a child understand the death of his dog and his own bereavement was about a Badger but I can't remember the complete title.

There are also great story books to help children understand the concept of sustainability.

Have you looked at the FSF articles to see if some may be of use (Click 'Articles' in blue navagation bar running down left hand side of screen)

Found these;

Storytelling

Beginning with Books

Activity Support loads of activities based around books as starting point....might be some useful phrases etc here

Good luck

Yes I would add a reference or two as examples of such books. One I used recently to help a child understand the death of his dog and his own bereavement was about a Badger but I can't remember the complete title.

I don't really have anything to add to the original question I'm afraid, but I'm guessing the book you used was Badger's Parting Gifts, a very lovely, if quite sad story about a badger who leaves his friends gifts to remember him by when he dies.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)