Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy Observation

A bit of a plea for help. After all the troubles our school has had we now have our old associate head back until at least the end of the accademic year. He is fab so I am lots happier.He is coming round next week to do some observations which is fine and he is very non threatening etc and he will make it a positive experience. Trouble is my confidence has got so low that I really need things to go well so i can get back to my 'normal' teaching style with enthusiasm again. The observation is in literacy and I want something with a bit of wow to kickstart me again. Loved the Jack & beanstalk ideas from the forum but my jobshare did Jack on world book day. What can I do - we are supposedly doing the non fiction unit for the year 1's and our topic is growing. I have a mixed reception and year 1 FS type stuff will be great as they are young year 1's and older reception. I am going round in circles at the moment thinking of ideas, scrapping them etc. I want it to go well and that seems to be stopping me from thinking straight and actually getting planned!

Edited by Guest

The enormous turnip ?? there are quite a lot of ideas for that story on here - our kids loved acting out the story with a spacehopper disguised as the turnip

There are lots of other lovely fiction stories eg Jaspers beanstalk, Jodys beans, sorry know thats not non fiction

Plant cress this week and take photos each day - then make your own non fiction books

Good Luck :o

What about...

Start by reading Jasper's beanstalk, then plant seeds with some while others sequence pics from the story (rotate groups) then shared write instructions for planting seeds in the plenary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)