Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition Records /development Matters

looking at the development matters / transition records for a child in my setting, this child is very inconsistant in his abilities -one moment he is able to name a colour, the next moment all colours are 'blue' (for example). he may be able to name a farmyard animal -the next breath all the animals are 'pigs' ( for example), he may ride a trike safely etc one moment , the next he's a hazard on 3 wheels lol !

im having difficulty in assessing where he actually is on the development matters - as im assuming he has to be consistantly and comfortably acheving the 'aim'.

this child will be beginning school in sept, and the majority of his development matters are in the 16 -26 / 22 -36 range (and not all the 22 -36 are being consistantly covered)

how do i 'gauge' where he is ? i want to make sure i give an accurate view of his stage of development.

we are also awaiting the result of a SALT assesment -so it will be interesting to see what the HV thinks too

sorry if that sounds a bit garbled !! vvvv long weekend !

Fimbo some settings (though not us) have emerging, developing or secure in the age band- might be safer to say he is developing. However I am yet to find an example of this and maybe someone else can come along and help. Maybe base your judgements on actual evidence with this child before syaing yes they can do it, i.e collect observations/photos etc.

As you said will be interesting to see what the assessment says.

Fimbo some settings (though not us) have emerging, developing or secure in the age band- might be safer to say he is developing. However I am yet to find an example of this and maybe someone else can come along and help. Maybe base your judgements on actual evidence with this child before syaing yes they can do it, i.e collect observations/photos etc.

As you said will be interesting to see what the assessment says.

thats a really good idea - i could maybe adapt the form i currently use to show if he is 'Emerging' Developing' 'Secure'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)